- Our blog is not meant to substitute or override the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. If you have, or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your appropriate health care provider.
- While we endeavor to share our “lower sodium” recipes, please note that “low sodium diets” may differ from one health indication to another — as such, not all of our recipes may appropriate for your particular and specific dietary needs (this includes food allergies).
- You should not use the information contained on this site (or any linked site) for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing a dietary plan that is specific to your own health. Additionally, please check with your health care provider or pharmacist regarding possible drug interactions, if you are unsure as to what specific ingredients/combinations you can eat.
- From time to time, we may list out specific ingredients or food manufacturers. Note that manufacturers sometimes change their packaging, products/ingredients, manufacturing processes, and/or nutritional claims — changes such as these are beyond our control, and we do not update our recipes each and every time a manufacturer changes their product. Carefully read all food product packaging, and contact the manufacturer (or their representatives – for example, your grocer) directly with any questions before using a product if you have concerns. If you have any questions or hesitations on whether the food product is appropriate for your own consumption, you should consult with your health care provider.
- Our goal is that all information is fairly stated and researched: our nutritional data is “best efforts” — meaning we’ve sourced/purchased third party data/software packages (which may rely on “industry averages” of specific ingredient values); we do not warrant that these 3rd party sources yield accurate data analysis.
- Please note that specific ingredients that you source can vary significantly (versus calculated 3rd party nutrition “average values”); your ingredient choices may affect the accuracy of the nutritional values listed on our site.
- We are not liable for inaccuracies, misstatements, or opinions which may, from time to time, be posted on our blog by ourselves, or other outside commentators.
- Information and statements regarding products and nutritionals have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Please use our site simply as a point of perspective: information on our blog is provided for informational purposes only; these opinions reflect an individual reviewer’s results and experiences only and are not verified or endorsed by lowsodiumblog.com
- We we don’t currently maintain any “affiliate” advertising links or receive any ad-related “affiliate revenue”. Note that “gifts in kind” and subsequent blogging of such, would be disclosed on our website, as required by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC); however, if there is no such FTC disclaimer noted on the blog post, you can assume that we paid for the item/trip/etc., and/or have reviewed it without monetary gain.
These policies were last updated on 2/6/2012.
Low Sodium Blog